Monday, May 19, 2014

My favouritebread recipie Red Fife wheat.

some good friends of mine picked up so organic Red Fife flour.  I am so excited.  This is a Canadian flour and it has not been messed with genetically. I have learned a lot about baking bread over the years.  One, the water you use if you live in the city should be boiled to remove the chlorine.  Yeast does not like it.  so that is where I am right now.

My favourite recipe is a sort of sour dough. You let the batch ferment for a couple of days.  They I like to put it in the fridge for a day before finishing the baking.  It turns out very well.  Now the adventure of new wheat!! 

I will let you know how it turns out.


1 comment:

  1. I picked up some Red Fife wheat at Upper Canada Village a couple of years ago and it made awesome bread. How did your bread turn out?

    ReplyDelete